Thursday, January 23, 2014

Non-Violence

One thing that I'm really taking away from this trip is that non violence is/was something that was practiced and executed. Because I actually thought that non violence was more of a characteristic of a person and people errs actually born not violent and innocent.  But now I learned that it can be practiced. I Took the pledge of non tolerance,  I took it because even though I don't recall being a bystander to an act of injustice I want to be apart of those who are stopping injustice in their neighborhoods and those who stopped injustice so I can be here. I feel that the civil right movement should start again, our world is still isn't as perfect as people see it all we see is a beautiful country exceptionally, where I am from... i'm from New York City where it is like the highlight of America and we get basically worst because I came to find out that there are school in Mississippi that are still segregated even after the Little Rock incident.

Lassana, City College

No comments:

Post a Comment