Thursday, January 23, 2014

Non-violence and Facing Adversity

1/22/14

One if the most interesting sorts of the civi rights movement is the use of non-violence. I have always wondered how the people who decided to take this path were able to accept the hatred and th punishment they received without retaliating. Today the first person spend all three years of high school at central high school Dr. Hampton talked to us and she said that in order to face adversity you have to understand yourself and be centered in your goal. Hearing her say this made me realize how much the activists how participated in the movement really cared about their cause, and it also made me reflect on myself a little and to try and take a first step towards addressing some of the inequalities I see in education now. My first step is to try and understand my self and then I will do what I can to learn about the educational system, with the goal to be able to do my part just as many brave people faced adversity using non-violence in the past.

​- Tony Cosby, Park School

No comments:

Post a Comment